Subject: Re: SV: [Leica] Leica Users digest V4 #28
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 23:13:53 -0600

>No more 21, 35PC, 180 f4 to name but a few. Of course the whole
>Telyt system's been redone. Any reason for this streamlining?

Limited production capacity. Add new lenses, and they have to remove some
of the less popular lenses. But maybe they have a new 21 ASPH coming (The
old was a Schneider)? The 28 PC (Schneider) is better than the 35 PC
(Schneider) and the 180 f/4? Well, who wants an f/4 when the 2.8 can eat
its lunch? (I know, there are a few out there).
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Capt'n! The spellchecker kinna take this abuse