Subject: Re: Re(2): [Leica] Boston Leica, also Hunt's [was: LOCAL STORES]
From: "phong (Doan huu Phong)" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 10:42:40 -0500

Francisco & other LUGers,

     The Hunt's camera show is the largest camera show in the Boston area,
     (probably New England); new/demo equipment only, organized annually
     by Hunt's Photo, a local Photo store,  usually on the 1st weekend in
     November.  No large format.  They do buy used equipment though.
     See below.

     Leica has a counter there, often manned by Neils Thorsen (sp); as do
     Billingham, Contax (Blake Ziegler), Durst, Jobo, and of course Nikon,
     Canon, Hasselblad, Mamiya, etc., etc  Prices usually but not always,
     comparable to  B&H even after you take into consideration the 6%
     Massachusetts sales tax; so make sure you check the prices.   Also,
     return policy is not as liberal as B&H, although I do not recall the
details.

     It's at the World Trade Center on Northern Avenue on the Boston
     waterfront , Friday Nov 8 thru Sunday the 10th.    Avoid going on
     Saturday, if at all possible.

     Two weeks after the show, Hunt's has their used equipment special
     one-day sale at their retail store in Melrose.   This is where they
sell the
     used gear they buy at the show.  They price the used equipment to
     move.  It reminds me of another Boston retail institution, the  famous
     Filene's Basement bridal gown sale; in both cases, a complete
     mad house.

     I would love to arrange for a meeting with you and other Boston area
     LUGers.  Please send me your coordinates regarding your stay in the
     Boston area, and we'll arrange something, just for you.

- - Phong