Subject: [Leica] RE: Leica's P&S embarrasments
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 13:57:37 -0000

Marc,
They may be embarrassing to some but I was staggered after returning with
pictures from a recent weekend in Oporto with my wife. I'd taken my CLE
(small and auto-exposure) with a couple of the M-Rokkor lenses, my wife had
taken her Leica Minizoom. She remarked about the lacklustre appearance of
the bulk of the pictures, saying they never quite capture the same feeling
as on location. Then her single roll off the Leica is produced and instantly
she can see a difference! Me, I'm struggling too, but to her it's obvious!
She has this amazing ability with listening to hi-fi too, I think I'm the
expert, but to her, she spots/hears things that I can't, bless her!
It gives my Leica infatuation credence if nothing else!!

Jem