Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Off Topic B & H photo
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:49:26 EST

<< The only real reason not to shop at B&H is if you're buying some sort of
 carriage-trade merchandise which is not traditionally discounted (cough,
 "Leica"), and wish to chat for a half-hour about the state of the marque with
 ye olde shopkeeper.  I tend to do my Leica shopping in lower-volume stores.
 The folk at B&H are too busy to welcome a lack of shopping focus...

If I lived in a remote area without camera shops or if I lived in NYC, I would
probably buy from B&H.  However, I like giving my local shop the business (and
with Leica, price is the same), which fuels my local economy.  I do this with
virtually everything I shop for and stay away from large national retailers
(where profits are not put back into my local economy).
M2C
Arturo