Subject: [Leica] Leica M + Kodak HIE?
From: "Zeanah, Derek" <DZeanah@alston.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 10:24:19 -0500

(posted from my work account)

I've been experimenting with IR film lately, and have a question
regarding IR focus in the lenses.  My 40mm CLE M-Rokkor (for sale if
anyone wants it) has a red mark for IR focus, but the 35mm Summicron and
90 Elmar don't.  Is it true that no focus adjustment is necessary with
these lenses, or is that just a nasty newsgroup rumor?

If so, the M series cameras seem like a perfect match with IR film -- an
opaque IR filter won't bother the focusing mechanism (or meter if using
an MR meter like I am), focus works without adjustment, etc.  Can't wait
to see how it works out.

BTW, when bulk loading, do you need to trim the end of the film, or can
you leave the end "straight?"

Thanks all -- especially to the lost maintainer.  This is the best
photo-related forum on the 'net.