Subject: [Leica] National Internet Providers
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 16:20:53 -0600

Dick,
If you get off of AOL you can use any software you want.   IMHO, there isn't
anything on AOL that isn't available on the Internet.  I began on AOL but as soon
as IBM implemented their ISP, I moved over along with a lot of friends.  I highly
recommend IBM.Net as an ISP.  You can reliably connect to IGN (IBM Global
Network) anywhere in the world.

The thing to do is to try IBM or some other ISP for a month (for free) and then
decide for yourself.  Once you use software like Netscape Communicator or the
latest Microsoft browser/client you won't want to go back to AOL where you have
no choice.

Make sure that whoever you are interested in has a local connect number you can
use so that you don't have to pay any phone bills.

Bud