Subject: Re: [Leica] M6TTL and M7 Clues
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 09:21:24 EST

I am eagerly awaiting the 80-200 AF-S. The latest 80-200 autofocuses with
more than adequate speed but Nikon do not make teleconverters which
permit either AF or any of the CPU-based functions to pass through from
the body.  The new AF-S will accept the electronic teleconverters which I
already own for the 300 2.8 AF-S.  I plan to sell both the current 80-200
and the 300 f/4, so acquisition of the new lens shouldn't be too
difficult.  I'm surmising that via mail-order it will be competitive with
Canon's 70-200 L USM.  I must say that if I were to buy into the Leica R
system, my body of choice would be the R6.2.  The idea of an
all-mechanical, non-battery-dependent body with TTL flash capability and
a reasonable sync speed makes me drool with envy.

Regards,
Nigel

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998 19:31:12 -0500 Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
writes:

>Note: I hear the new AF-S 80-200 2.8 is going to sell for $2,000. Now
>we
>know the REAL reason Nikon was dragging their feet on this one. I sure
>think I'd rather have the Leica for $1,000 more, but I'll have to see
>when
>a friend gets one. I'm one lucky dude on that point - again, thanks
>Ted! :-)

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]