Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica R magazine, print frustration
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 12:12:14 -0500

> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks.
>
> James Burris

Well, here's a thought...which may or may not be correct - It seems to me
that the minilabs - and that now includes most photo stores - have strange
ideas of what a scene should look like. For instance, if you take a twilight
or night shot, and have properly exposed for the lighted areas with the dark
areas left dark, you will often get back a horribly exposed print in which
some ____ has tried to turn the night into day - without a Noctilux. I often
find that I get back over or under exposed prints, and when I look at the
negs can see plenty of detail to produce a good print. So much for
automation ....

And before someone flames me, I know there are exceptions to this, and there
are some minilab printers who really know what they're doing and do it
well...:-)