Subject: Re: [Leica] fast color print film (again)
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 16:34:59 -0800

Michael Garmisa wrote:

>Is extrapress available in 1600 or only 800 and has anyone used the 1600,>>>>>>

Hi Mike,

yes it's available in 1600 and pushable to 6400, but obviously with some
loss. However, it handles a one stop push without any problem and I've had
30" X 40" prints made for a client at 3200!

I've shot many rolls of it doing sports and some commercial work and never
have had a problem with it.

Ektapress is the only colour neg film I purchase.  100 -- 400 -- 1600

>I will be sending it out to a lab so I think the possiblity of pushing it
>is nonexistent.  Since I wont be pushing the extrapress ot say 6400, how
>would it compare head to head with the fuji 800 (probably rated at 1200
>or perhaps in 1600)
>
>Been using my softrelease for about a week and love it... Thanks Tom...
>Can't wait to try it out at this dance when I will surely be shooting at
>slow speeds.
>
>--
>Michael Garmisa <elmar@webreach.com>
>
>On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, N. B. Watson wrote:
>
>> I've used Ektapress quite a bit in the not-so-distant past although not
>> recently.  It was fine for journalistic reproduction; don't know how it
>> would print out for keepsake photos...probably not too shabbily as long
>> as not enlarged excessively.  It could be pushed to EI 6400.  I've
>> recently shot Fuji 800 at EI 1200 with no adverse effect.  I believe that
>> it is rather conservatively rated...could well stand a full stop of
>> underexposure without turning green in the shadows.

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant