Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Z2X
From: WOCCCC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 19:06:10 EST

Don't know what the Z2X is so I can't chime in on that but I do have a GR1 and
love it.  It is not a zoom, it's a fixed 28.  Metering is great, optics
wonderful, fits in your shirt pocket.  Since getting it, my 28Ti has been
collecting dust.  Of the 4 larger models, I have owned the Minilux, the Contax
T2, the Nikon 35Ti and 28Ti.  I kept the 28 because it has the most
flexibility and prefer the 28 over the 35.  They were close enough that I
allowed a friend to convince me he needed the 35 more then I.  The Nikons,
IMHO, have much more flexibility then the Leica and the Contax.  And risking a
sound thrashing by the group, I think the Leica is the worst of the 3 - don't
like the viewfinder, don't like the lack of information, didn't find it user
friendly in my hands.  Contax was nice but the flash operation on full auto
bothered me and the lack of ability to select 2.8 was annoying.  My feeling is
the lens quality of all 4 is very good and none exceed the other.

<< In an earlier post, I mentioned that I was considering buying the Minnilux
 Zoom (appx $880).  Was also considering the Z2X (appx $270).  Is the
 Minnilux Zoom worth the extra $600?  Or what about buying both the Z2X and
 the Ricoh GR1 instead of just the Minnilux Zoon.  Opinions?

 ke  >>