Subject: [Leica] small cameras
From: salex@idt.net (sam alexander)
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 17:00:55 -0500 (EST)

I have been attracted to small cameras for many years (bought one of the
first Olympus XA's and nearly "wore it out"!). I have tried almost all,
from the Minox LX, Tessina, Rollei,to the Contax, Nikon, Leica, etc., and
all have good points. However, my non-zoom pick would be the Ricoh GR-1.
While I still use an XA4 (28mm macro lens) and a TC-1 (great controls and
very good glass), the GR-1 is the one I carry (and use) singly, or to
supplement my M4 and M6 with 35 and 90. With so many fine cameras in this
broad catagory of "small", picking one "best" is probably impossible.