Subject: [Leica] Re: 35 mm R Summilux vs. Summicron
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 10:54:07 -0800

Hi Akhil,

I use a 4x5 Linhof Technika for my landscapes. Over the years, I've owned a
couple of Hasselblad systems, including a Superwide. But my heart is in
4x5. I use my Leica R equipment mainly for my wife's and my book business.
My photographs (regional - so it is basically 'scape stuff) and her recipes
(Scenic Cookbooks of San Francisco, Carmel/Monterey, and now Napa Valley
Wine Country) and we also are working on other types of books as well. But
for a personal carry around camera, it's an M6, and for fine art landscape
and still life type stuff, it's 4x5.

I enjoyed using my Hasselblads when I had them. I was working as a
commercial photographer at that time. If I were to buy a MF camera today,
it would be between the Rollei 600x and the Hasselblad. But for me right
now, 35 & 4x5 is enough.

Many thanks for the comments,

Jim