Subject: [Leica] Re: Elmar question...
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 15:30:38 -0400

Dan:

I have both. The "regular" is a find performer. The RS is sharper wide open
and seems to have a bit more contrast that the other. I never hesitate to
use either one unless I need more speed.

Cheers!

kw

>Y'all- I got an Elmar 50/3,5 by default, really, when I bought a IIIa; I
>hear so much about the 'red scale' Elmar that I am curious as to the
>difference(s) between the run of the mill Elmar and the 'red scale'. I sent
>it off for cleaning, and was wondering if it was worth it
>Any thoughts out there? ( Now, that's a rhetorical question!!)
>Thanks,
>Dan
>dwpost@msn.com

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>