Subject: Re: [Leica] Small Cameras -Rollei 35
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 13:26:40 -0400

At 08:05 PM 1998-10-24 +0100, Raimo Korhonen wrote:
>The Sonnar 2.8/40mm lens is very close to Leica quality.

I splutter.  A family illness prevented my attendance at the Zeiss
Historica Society AGM today, but please bear in mind that Zeiss is my first
love.  Zeiss lenses are the standard to which Leica is striving and, by all
accounts, coming bloody close to meeting.  But, still!  The 3.5/40 Tessar
is a stunningly fine lens, and the 2.8/40 is an even better optic.  These
lenses put to shame, by any optical standard, any lens used in any of
Leica's P&S embarrasments.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!