Subject: Re: [Leica] XTOL and Ilford Delta Pro 100
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 20:39:47 +0000

At 12:10 PM 22/10/98 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi LUGgers,
>
>Prompted by the praises of XTOL frequently expressed here, I have been
>experimenting
>with it. My usual B&W film is Ilford Delta Pro 100, exposed at EI=80.
>I have followed the
>recommendation for developing time in Kodak's data sheet for XTOL
>(10.5 minutes at 20C/68F),
>with 1:1 dilution. The results do not seem as good as what I get with
>Ilford's Ilfosol-S developer.
>Does anyone have any advice on the developing times for this
>combination? Do you follow the
>times given by Kodak, or should they be modified? Also, is it better
>to use full-strength developer?
>Thanks!
>
>Nathan

Try over exposing your B&W one shot and the pull back the developing time
by 15%.  You'll get much finer grain and better shadow details.  Dilution
1:1 to 1:3 seem to bring out the best in XTOL.  Best used at whatever your
room temperature is to avoid temperature fluctuations.   Mine is used at
27degC.

Dan K.