Subject: Re: [Leica] a small gift for a boisterous few...
From: Rick Floyd <rick_floyd@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 09:58:19 -0400

Bob:

<<It appears to me that you went to a lot of trouble to satisfy a
minority.  I
just don't understand why anyone would object to the Leica tag.>>

I will jump in here to let you know I was one of the "minority" that was
not happy with the [Leica] tag.  The reason for me is because I travel
for a living and will often take my Newton Message Pad instead of my
laptop when I want to travel light.  Due to the smaller screen size, the
Leica tag is enough extra text to throw the header subject off the
screen.  It is not as big of a problem as world peace, but it is
aggrevating.

At the time, I also didn't understand that the list is maintained by a
single individual that is giving his own blood, sweat and money so that
we can all benefit.

As a side issue, I wish people would keep in mind that not everyone uses
a sophisticated computer to grab their mail.  The palm devices don't
really like attachments such as winmail.dat, either.

Hope this helps explain further...

Rick