Subject: [Leica] Re: More darkroom questions + exhibit
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 09:24:55 -0400

At 08:49 AM 10/22/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi Tina,
>
>Thanks for your responses.  I seem to have lost the one about the size of
>your darkroom, but remember being surprised that you have about the same
>amount of space as I do.
>
>May I ask what is the size of your sink and trays?  How much counter
>space to you have?
>What about drying racks?  What's the maximum size print you can make?

Hi, Mary -

	My darkroom is 6x11.  I have the kind of darkroom sink with a long
built-in drainboard for the trays.  I use 16x20 trays and there is room for
three across the front, then I have a couple of racks with two more trays
in the back and a Zone VI print washer, too.  The five trays are because I
usually use two fixing baths and one tray for PermaWash or hypo-clear.  On
the dry side I have old kitchen cabinets with a counter about 6 feet long.
Most of this is taken up by my Ilford Cap40 processor.  There is also room
for my huge Chromega D5XL enlarger and my tiny Leica Focomat V35 enlarger.
On the end wall I have mounted Falcon drying racks which will hold 40
prints; however, in the hallway leading to my darkroom I have strung
clotheslines which will hold over 100 prints.  That's also where my Jobo
is.  The maximum print I can make in the trays is 16x20 but I have made
much larger ones using wallpaper troughs and rolling the paper.  The size
is almost unlimited that way.
	I just spent several weeks in my darkroom printing photos for an exhibit
which will be in November at the College of Wooster's Lowry Art Gallery.
I'm shipping them 55 (!) mounted photographs this week.  If anybody is
nearby and interested in going, I would love to know how the exhibit looks.
 I won't get a chance to go.

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP