Subject: [Leica] Re: darkroom sink
From: drodgers@nextlink.net
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 14:56:34 -0700

MK

>>You wrote:

>>1. a laundry sink with a counter to the side for the trays.  This an
>>economical approach, a regular darkroom sink costs 3 to 4 times as much.
>>Is it worth the difference?

It might be worth a call to a company that deals in used foodservice
equipment. When I built my darkroom I looked at a number of different sink
options. I didn't really find one I liked. I was photographing a remodeled
restaurant and I just happend to comment on the new stainless sink in the
kitchen. Extremely costly, as you might expect. However, the old sink was
out back waiting to be hauled off for scrap. They gave it to me. It was
perfect. Big, deep, easy to work in, and made of high quality stainless. I
had to redesign my darkroom slightly, but it was worth it. On the list of
items that make darkroom work a joy, it's second only to my Focomat 1c.

Dave