Subject: [Leica] 35 mm Summilux-R vs. Summicron-R
From: Akhil Lal <alal@bcc.cuny.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 22:09:38 -0400

Hello Everyone,
                Have any of you compared the 35mm Summilux -R to the
Summicron-R ? If so, I'd like to hear your comments, particularly with
regard to distortion and light fall-off in the corners at the wider
apertures. Can I expect the Summilux-R to be at least as sharp as the
Summicron from, say, f 4.0 on down, out to a 12 mm -14 mm image circle ?
Optically, how close is the Summilux - R to the pre-aspheric
Summilux - M ?
              All feedback is greatly appreciated.
                                                  Regards,
                                                  Akhil Lal