Subject: Re: [Leica] B & W again......
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 10:34:37 -0700

Francesco wrote:

>For a neophyte like me to get started in B&W, should I begin with some of
>the new C-41 print films like T400CN and just take them to my local print
>lab, or should I buy some TMAX and take them to B&W specialty labs?  I
>don't think I want to buy a book and some chemicals and start a mini
>darkroom yet>>>>>>>

Francesco,

For the moment give the T400CN or the new Ilford XP2 Super a try and go to
the 1 hour guys, it'll give you an opportunity to see how you do without
greater printing expense of the pro labs or setting-up your own darkroom.

If you have a frame you particularly like, take it to the pro lab for
professional printing.

But be assured, once you start and see the magic of B&W it's just like
buying into Leica......you are hooked for life. :)

ted