Subject: Re: [Leica] Mr. Hughes website
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 19:25:07 -0700

DearMr. Hughes,
Despite your somewhat truculent invitation I did visit your web
page—although I am not a "seasoned world class professional" (i.e., stock
shooters, hack pro, [or] well-heeled dabblers, etc.) and I enjoyed my visit.
By the way, I didn’t "tell you off," either. Your 8 X 10 photos probably
suffer more from being put through the computer ringer than other types. On
my monitor they come through blocked up and overly contrasty. I should like
to see the originals.

Your presence is—as you suggest—refreshing, and it has sparked lively
response. I hope you will continue to keep us up to scratch—with
well-considered ideas and respectful discourse.
Sincerely,
Joe Stephenson