Subject: Re: [Leica] Telyt - V 280mm lens
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 20:03:19 -0500

James,

There were three mount types.   The third mount dates from 1970 which is when
the Series VIII filter size was adapted.  This is the version you probably
should acquire.  It will bayonet directly to the Visoflex II or III.  It has a
tripod foot.

Mount 1 was for Visoflex I.  It contains a tripod foot.   Mount 2 permitted
mounting on the Visoflex II or III with extension ring OUBIO/16466.  The
extension ring contains the tripod foot.

You have another option.  With a 2X extender on the 180 Elmarit-R, you will
have an f/5.6, 360mm lens.  I have one of these extenders and I can vouch for
it's optical quality.

The extension will work OK with the Elmarit's f/2.8 speed.

Bud