Subject: Re: [Leica] Simple M questions
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 09:37:17 EDT

David:

The M4P is considered to be a refinement of the M4-2.  The viewfinder includes
six  frames vs four for the M4-2.    M4-P (28,35,50,75,90 and 135)  vs.
35,50,90 and 135 for the M4-2.  This is the major difference.    Regarding
your question about the motor winder.  Yes, a motor winder designated for the
M4-2 will function properly on the M4-P.

I would like to take credit for being fully knowledgeable on the above
information, however I referred to my trusty Leica M Compendium.  If you don't
have one I strongly recommend it.  The author is Jonathan Eastland and it is
published by Hove Books.

If you don't have one and I can help you reference anything in mine please
email me directly.

Bob Bedwell
Greensboro, NC

<<
 What's the difference between an M4-2 and an M4P? Do they have the
 same frame lines? Would a motor drive describes as for an M4-2 fit
 and work on an M4P?