Subject: [Leica] Re: Venice and Leica
From: r.p.a.c.savenije@avv.rws.minvenw.nl
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 98 14:06:43 +0100

Just like Venice, I visited a lot of cities this year.
Even if you have seen them many times, new opportunites
for taking pictures arise. As already mentioned, some
days you take no pictures at all, and some days you take
dozens. A few tricks you can use to change your perspective
(most of them already mentioned) could be:
- -  walk around at sun set or rise. Colours change and tourists
   disappear.
- -  take another lens, instead of 35mm like all the tourists have
   For example your world is completely different through a 19 or 21
   or 135 mm lens. Leave your 5 an 3,5 cm at home. This forces you
   a different perspective on a daily view.
- -  Just before you take your picture, look back or around the
   corner. You will be suprised what other people don't see or take.
- -  Just focus on the tourists and local people (if any left) for some
   nice snapshots. large apperture isolates them from there surrounding
   and results in a picture which could have been taken at much more
   abandom or different places.
I tried to make some original pictures of Venice this way. Of course
I made a picture of the San Marco and some gondola's but the last two
days of my visit I was a tourist !

In Rotterdam we have many photography galaries and, though I am born
and still living in the same city, I am astonished of what
kind of pictures can be made of this city. Many times I don't
recognize the location. Even if it is around my corner.

Richard