Subject: [Leica] new pictures on my web page
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 22:57:34 -0500

My long-promised photo story is up on my web page (see below). It's about a
woman named Rosie. She has survived lung, breast and ovarian cancer, has
arthritis, and is raising three grandchildren for a daughter. The kids are
4, 9 and 11 (I think). She also helps her husband, Bob, raise horses, dogs,
cats, chickens, goats and whatnot on the family farm.

She went on the Calamity Jane trail ride (Calamity Jane for you non-yanks
is an old wild-west character who lived with Wild Bill Cody for a while).
The ride was 18 miles long. She was going to ride half the way, and her
husband, who also has arthritis, was going to go the second half after
meeting her half-way. She felt so good, she decided to go the whole
distance herself. She not only finished the ride, she stuck around for the
pig roast and then danced that night with her grandkids at the ho-down.
(The trip was in part a day away from the grandkids).

Last week she called me up and said she was getting phone calls from all
over, and people were clipping the page out and sending it to her. Every
time she'd go to town people were calling to her and telling her they
thought she was an inspiration.

The photo essay itself is quite simple, nothing spectacular. But it tells
one small story of many about a lady who is a real survivor.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes