Subject: Re: [Leica] Correct/Proper hood
From: Michael Garmisa <elmar@webreach.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 22:19:19 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Jim Brick wrote:

> At 06:42 PM 10/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >
> >How does this hood attach to the lens?  The reason I ask is because I
> >would like to attach a hood to my new 50 summicron latest version instead
> >of using the built in hood.
> >
> >Michael Garmisa <elmar@webreach.com>
>
> Why do you want to use an external hood over the built-in, if you don't
> mind me asking?
>
> I have both the 12585 (on a 35/2) and the latest Summicron. I recollect
> that it doesn't fit. The built in shade added diameter bulk to the lens
> barrel.
>
> Jim

The built in hood keeps collapsing which results in no physical protection
of the lens and no flare protection also it is distracting as I find
myself occasionally checking to see if it is extended

- --
Michael Garmisa <elmar@webreach.com>
PGP/KeyID BCB27DC1
fingerprint = 2C 1A AF 1C BE B4 5B E8  F2 A3 09 42 42 B1 10 CC