Subject: Re: [Leica] Cry for help: stolen Leicas!!!!
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 09:07:09 -0400 (EDT)

If it was a professional "job" the items are probably in
South America right now. Also, don't you think the Dutch
Importer had insurance? It's the insurance company who should
be looking for the items...don't you think?
I once had a student who had his Leica stolen right out of the
school darkroom where he placed it. A few years later the
camera turned up across the country in a California pawn shop.
To get it back my student had to pay the pawn shop what they
paid for the camera. He did and got it back. It was a
mess. I don't even think he had it repaired. Ed