Subject: Re: Re(2): [Leica] Black Finishh
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 21:40:29 EDT

<< The problem with the finish on my M6 appears to be the opposite of what
 others are experiencing.  My camera came out of the box with a dull matte
 black finish, but has taken on a shine through use.  If I were to do
 anything, I would like to return the finish to its original form.  Wouldn't
 polishes like Pledge just make the finish that much shinier? >>

Yes, pledge will make it shine more.   I personally did not like the dull
finish from the factory.  I prefer more depth, similar to the finish on Contax
SLR's and the G2 Black.  If you want the matt finish, you will want to remove
oil or wax from the finish.

Tom Shea