Subject: [Leica] Re:Europe Street/Museum Photography
From: "Paul T. Collura" <pcollura@epix.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 09:48:39 -0400

I have to agree with Bill.  Over the years I have spent quite a bit of
time in Europe. We recently spent three weeks in Italy, Bavaria and
Paris. I NEVER have had an untoward event occur to me or my wife.  Even
in the less affluent sections of town, I never felt the threat of
personal violence unlike the country we call home.  On my recent trip, I
nearly always had a M6 around my neck and an Alice bag with another M6
and lenses over my shoulder.  No one really took any notice. I never
heard a comment on the fact that I was carrying Leicas.  We Luggers may
just be a bit impressed with fact that we own Leica equipment.  Most of
the rest of the world doesn't take notice or know what it is.  As an
aside, I was amazed and somewhat shocked to see that flash photography
is permitted in the Lourve.  I can't imagine all that light energy
accumulated over years is really any good for the old masters. There
must have been twenty flashes a minute going off at the Mona Lisa!!

Regards,
Paul T. Collura