Subject: Re: [Leica] Visoflex in Detail
From: pcb@iac.co.jp (Paul C. Brodek)
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 02:20:11 +0900

Hi Marc,

Thanks for filling us in on the Viso lineup.  Could you tell me the
difference between the Viso II and IIA?  Also, which currently
available book best covers the Visoflex and its associated bits and
pieces? =20

I bought a Viso II (I think...unless it's a IIA) a few months ago and
use it with Elmarit 90/2.8 and Tele-Elmar 135/4.0 lens heads.  I find
the Viso well designed, well built, kind of elegant and not very quick
to use.  I think it's pretty cool to be able to actually frame and
photograph looking through an M lens.

Regards,

PB

On Thu, 08 Oct 1998 15:10:12 -0400, Marc James Small
<msmall@roanoke.infi.net> wrote:

>Here is the breakdown, guys:
>

>Types of Visoflex:
>
>Visoflex II (1959 to 1963)
>Visoflex IIa (1962)
>
>I'm attempting to develop a comprehensive list of ALL Visoflex adapters,
>and new ones keep surfacing, as many were only catalogued in the
>microscopy, scientific, or industrial literature and didn't appear in =
the
>photographic catalogues and price-lists.

Paul C. Brodek
Kobe, Japan
pcb@iac.co.jp