Subject: Re: [Leica] Ted, the M6, and flash
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 16:18:57 EDT

On Thu, 08 Oct 1998 11:53:03 +0000 bfranson@greennet.net (Bill Franson)
writes:

>Previously I'd been doing this kind of shoot with my Nikon stuff but I
>noticed that I was always turning off the auto functions. My Nikon
>wasn't
>giving me anything the Leica wouldn't.

                       I've spoken with a number of wedding pros who all
prefer a handheld flashmeter to any sort of TTL whatsoever.  I must
agree, having given it a go, that when split-second time isn't a problem,
I also prefer to use a handheld meter not only for flash but ambient
light as well.

NIgel

>I'd love to us my M6 on color shoots as well but I find myself having
>color correct too often and I don't know of a good filter holding
>system
>for wrattens. Anyone out there surmount this problem?
>
>Bill Franson

                  I've seen a few gel holders and rectangular filter
holders with "universal" mounting apparatus (three for four threaded pins
that attach the holder to the lensmount circumferentially).  I'll
research and get the names if I can.  One of the advantages to the
rangefinder is with CC and B&W filtration.  Looking through the lens of
an SLR plus a red or green filter is a psychedelic experience.

Nigel

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]