Subject: Re: [Leica] MR meter help! .... and ravings.
From: DFeingold1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 16:19:54 EDT

Hi Dennis, and Thib.
Dennis, Thanks again for the response, and I appreciate your feedback.  It was
a long day and I wasn't sure I should let that part of my letter out.  From
what I can tell, the plastic piece that I need is a semi-circular gear under
the calc. dial and then under the cover.  The teeth/ nubs that engage the dial
are stripped. Does this make more sense?

Thib. As for the MR4, if that has the same part and you wish to part with it,
I am interested, let me know how much, logistics an so forth.
As for the Gibson UG, GUG?
I have a gorgeous ES175 1970 (before Norlin could do damage). It is one
pickup, blonde with honduran neck, and I just play it.  I am mainly a
classical player so it is hard for me to justify a real carved top.  There are
sounds and functions where the 175 is preferable anyway even if the body is
plywood pressed.  I am more interested in talking about camera related stuff.
For me,  teaching saturates my desire to talk instruments,  which are just
that, instruments used to communicate ideas, musical.
David