Subject: [Leica] Slimline case for M6?
From: "James Harper" <DRJH@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 20:27:17 +0100

I've just returned to the Leica after a 10 year gap. To start with, I have
bought an M6HM body, and am now thinking about a lens, probably 50mm. I
want the camera to be as unbulky as possible to make travel easy.  The
existing erc for the M6 is bulky and makes the camera look like an SLR.  I
remember once owning a IIf with a collapsible Elmar 2.8 50mm lens fror
which I had a slimline Leitz case with a very thin front section which took
the lens only in its collapsed position. This camera could be carried in a
pocket.

Has anyone any thoughts on how to achieve a similar situation with an M6?
Firstly, it would presumably have to be with the new Elmar 2.8 50mm
collapsible, though I notice advertisements for second hand  2.0
collapsible 50mm Summicrons (is this a good lens, what vintage is it?).
Any solution would I imagine entail having the hood dismounted (or is there
a rubber one available?)  And is the 35mm F2 Summicron thin enough to
produce a slim package?

Perhaps the answer is not an erc but a very small  camera case or bag just
big enough for the camera?

Any advice gratefully received.

Regards.

JH