Subject: Re: [Leica] M6TTL critisizm
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 11:03:11 EDT

This raises an interesting question which probably won't get answered
until an M6TTL gets into the hands of one of the reputable independent
Leica technicians.  I wonder what, if any, additional "cost-saving"
measures are in the insides of the M6TTL as opposed to the M6, such as
the plastic frame-counter gears that were quietly switched a few years
back.

Regards,
Nigel

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998 06:08:31 EDT RBedw51767@aol.com writes:
.  I
>believe an M6, or whatever the number is in the future, should be
>mechanical,
>not electronic and the quality should be unquestionable.  I don't want
>to see
>anymore plastic or cheap parts on Leica products.

>A smiling and contented CyberLeicaNut-Lug,
>
>Bob
>
><<
> Nothing wrong with TTL, it's the 1/50 flash sync. that is rather slow
>for
> such a technique. Not good for mid-day fill flash, but for wink flash
>in
> marginal light, it's cool. Not much use to me, since I already have a
>Metz
> and R8 to do that work.
> --
>  >>

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]