Subject: Re: [Leica] Miscellaneous (shutter lock, rubber eyepiece, updated gallery)
From: Urban Fredriksson <griffon@canit.se>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 11:03:10 +0200

Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net> wrote:

> Urban,
> I really enjoyed your images.

Thank you.

> What color film do you use?

Favourite is Reala, with Royal Gold 25 used sometimes and
Superia 400 whenever conditions warrant. And up here, that's
much of the year if you want to photograph moving subjects,
so both top entries in the gallery is ISO 400 film. (To not
have to do it is a reason for wanting a second body.)

> It appears you use both 35 and MF equipment.

Well, technically, yes. Most of my travel photos (all
but the two top entries on the web page) were
taken with my Zeiss Ikon Nettar, but since Sept 1997
it's been replaced by the M6 in that role (the Swiss
photos were taken with the F3HP, one of the few times
I brought it along on a trip, the other time I recall
was to Galapagos).
But in the gallery, practically all photos were taken
with the M6 (exception: Autumn Sept 97 with Rollei 35S),
so the square ones are cropped because I thought the
square format suited them better. The insects were all
taken with M6 and 90 or 135 mm.
   I cheat in another way too: Some of the B&W photos
are actually Reala, but scanned in greyscale.

thibault collin <tc-lnc@u-picardie.fr> wrote:

> How come your F3 hab become unreliable?

Spending 20 min finding the best spot, adjusting exposure
and waiting for the last train from Samedan to S:t Moritz to
find that when you press the button nothing happens because
it's gotten too cold is irritating. Year before it needed
"resetting" by removing the battery, as it had suddenly
decided to take a picture at 1/90 as soon as the shutter
was cocked. Before that it served very well for 13 years,
which I had hoped I could say of my M6.
   But the M6 does things I couldn't with the F3 (and I
have an FT3 with 200 mm for things it cannot do), which
is one reason why I got it. In addition to that, it
surprised me by taking noticably better photos.
- --
 Urban Fredriksson   griffon@canit.se  http://www.canit.se/%7Egriffon/
 Gallery: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/1568/pix.html
 Travel photos: http://www.canit.se/%7Egriffon/travels/travels.html