Subject: Re: [Leica] Were Leicas always so expensive?
From: Ken Iisaka <kiisaka@ms.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 15:06:37 +0900

Not just in depreciation, but in interest cost, parking, insurance, maintenance,
registration, and all the stuff you need to sink money before you get to drive
it out of your driveway.  For the same cost of owning an automobile, you could
buy a lens almost every month!!!

At least that's how I justified my purchases... ;)