Subject: Re: [Leica] Were Leicas always so expensive?
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 20:59:15 -0400

Mark-
The proof of the pudding is in the eating, so it's been said. I await the
T981, and will reserve judgement until it actually is out there taking
pictures.
The Leica marque has always been one of uncompromising quality; given the
rates of inflation over the last 60 odd years, I would imagine that the
price of Leicas has remained pretty much on a par with increases of income,
etc. I would imagine that the basic Leica, and say a 50mm lens would cost
you about the same percentage of your disposable yearly income, as it did in
the late 20's and 30's. I would be interested to see an actual comparison...
does anyone have a price list from, say 1938?
dwpost@msn.com