Subject: Re: [Leica] no off switch on M6
From: jimbrick@photoaccess.com (Jim Brick)
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 10:05:54 -0700

Cheeze guys and gals... just take an extra picture before putting the
camera away. I'm so used to doing this that it is automatic. And I have
some good photos that I would not have had, had I not been doing this. :)
All this wire, plastic, lanyards, polyethylene glue, etc... is nuts. Point
the camera and push the soft release. Then put the camera away.

KISS

Jim

At 06:40 AM 10/6/98 -0700, you wrote:
>George Huczek wrote:
>>
>> At 05:07 PM 04/10/98 -0700, you wrote:
>> [cut]
>> >I use a soft release and in order to avoid tripping the shutter when the
>> >camera is in the bag I have made a plastic 'thingie' that slips under
>> >the soft release between it and the camera.
>> >If anyone has access to polyethelyene of the right thickness I would
>> >like to try making one and seeing if it prevents meter actuation too.
>> >
>> Try using one or two of those bread bag plastic clips that are used to seal
>> bread bags.  I haven't tried it, but I think it may be worth a try.  If one
>> is too thin, try gluing two together to provide the right thickness.  I'm
>> used to just leaving the shutter uncocked after the last exposure so it
>> doesn't fire inadvertently.
>>
>>  _
>> [o] -GH
>
>Two problems, gluing plastic is an exercise in frustration, it doesn't!
>
>and the plastic in those tabs is hard. The poly is softer and more
>flexible, it just 'fits' better.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Dennis

http://www.photoaccess.com