Subject: [Leica] Retro-focus Angenieux lenses - any thoughts? / CL, 40mm lens comment
From: "James Burris" <jabu@direct.ca>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 08:55:13 -0700

Hi all,

I have become aware that I can get an adapter for my C**** FD system that
enables me to mount Exakta lenses on it.  To me this seems pretty exciting
due to Angenieux's reputation.  There seems to be three such lenses
floating around in some regularity.

The 28mm f3.5
The 35mm f2.5
The 90mm f2.5

Has anyone used one of these Angenieux classics (Exakta mount)?  Do they
have outstanding contrast - like older Leica lenses, or what?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

James Burris

P.S.	I've had a CL and a 40mm Summicron for a couple months now and I must
report that the camera is fabulous!!   If you can live without super-speed
lenses this is the camera to get - in my opinion. The lens performs very
similarly to my older style 35 summicron - R.  FYI  Has anyone heard
whether the new 135 from Leica will be able to be mounted  on the CL?
(with a viewfinder of course).