Subject: Re: [Leica] Vacation Advice
From: ottmar-x@t-online.de (Keith Bingman)
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 11:30:13 +0100

Tina,

About seven years ago I spent the winter in the Czech Republic (then
Czechoslovakia, actually it split while I was there...) teaching English and
trying to keep my IIIf working in the cold. Prague can be lovely in the
winter, but it does get VERY cold. Christmas shouldn't be too bad. I spent
most of my time on the Polish border near Ostrava. It is a mining region, but
there are lovely mountains there as well. It can indeed be dark, but I found
my fair share of picturesque villages and odd (to me!) traditions. Actually,
while I have been to Prague at least 6 or 7 times, I have only been in Spring
once and never in Summer.

If you can make it for St. Nicholas day or actually Eve (the 5th of December)
it is quite entertaining: kids dressed like St. Nicholas his helping and
inexpliably two Angels run around spanking people.

If you can deal with the cold, I would go.

I may know someone who can arronge a house, email me privately if you would
like more info.

Keith Bingman
Riedheim, Germany