Subject: Re: [Leica] M6TTL & M6 with flash.
From: "Jacques Bilinski" <jbilin@axionet.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 19:28:10 -0700

>Can anyone out there tell me exactly what the advantage of the Leica M6TTL
>with appropriate flash has over a standard M6 with an auto flash?

One advantage of TTL flash you did not mention is that you can use the flash
automatically over a wide range of f stops and film speeds. You can
theoretically use fast film with a Noctilux at f1.0 to photograph distant
subjects at night and can also take close ups at f22 both in auto TTL mode.
Small non-TTL auto flashes usually only give you a choice of 2 or 3 f stops
which vary with film speed. If I was buying an M6 now I might consider the
TTL feature to be slightly useful, but I think that changing the direction
of the shutter speed dial after all these years is really odd. Maybe Tom
should start making reversing shutter speed dials with little gears inside!