Subject: [Leica] Camera bags
From: "Gib Robinson" <robinson@sfsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 17:25:28 -0700

[From: thomas boehm <toboehm@yahoo.com>]
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 00:54:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [Leica] are billingham photobags fine?

> for some reasons, billingham-products attract me and i think, that
> modell 335 would be nice for me. but beside, i had also good
> experiences with tamrac.

I've seen but never used a billingham bag. I've used tamracs and find them
to have a shorter lifespan and less substance than my current favorites
which are the Pro AW series and Trekking series from Lowepro. No question
they look like camera bags and backpacks; but they've been durable,
efficient companions. I like the rugged, efficient designs. I like the
materials. For me they work. Underscore FOR ME. Camera bags seem like such
personal gear -- like razors, combs, underwear . . . . cameras, and the
like. Incidentally, I'm very picky about color and I've been horrified to
find that some of my favorite models of Lowepro bags now come with garrish
blue interiors. Grey for me. Black outside.

- --Gib