Subject: [Leica] OT (HUMOUR): Elmar's Tune
From: "Martin V. Howard" <marho@ida.liu.se>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 23:34:26 +0200

The only lens I currently have is the Elmar. Not used to collapsible
lenses, it took a while before I got used to it, but now we're best
friends.  Decided to dedicate the following to all those 'funky' Leica
lenses ;-)

  ELMAR'S TUNE
  (Sing to Elmer's Tune by Glenn Miller)

  Sometimes neglected, rejected, forgotten sort of,
  This lens, I reckon, will beckon a labour of love,
  The gentle bokeh, the 'smokeh' midtones that bloom,
  It's just Elmar's Tune

  What makes a lady of eighty start using a loupe?
  Young snappers scramble to ramble, and set of in troupe,
  When shadows kick in and thicken, shots opportune,
  It's just Elmar's Tune

  Listen,
  Listen,
  There's a lot you're liable to be missin',
  Sling it,
  Don't ding it,
  Any old day, it's a wonderful prime,

  As it collapses, it lapses you into a dream,
  Of shadows deepended and steepened, and highlights like cream,
  Your photos singing and swinging, whether gold or maroon,
  That's just Elmar's Tune, yeah,
  That's just Elmar's Tune, oh,
  That's just Elmar's Tune!

M.

- --
Martin V. Howard, Application Systems Laboratory,     |
Dept. of Comp. & Info. Sci., Linkoping University,    | Just "DOHH" it!
SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.  Tel +46 13 282 421,     +----------------+
Fax +46 13 142 231; marho@ida.liu.se; www.ida.liu.se/~marho