Subject: RE: [Leica] Pronunciation of "bokeh"
From: jimbrick@photoaccess.com (Jim Brick)
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 10:10:54 -0700

At 10:20 AM 10/5/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Isn't it "mocha?"

yes indeed... "mocha."

>And to change the subject...
>Why no more discussion of the new Japanese screw mount body which will -
>supposedly - be on sale in Japan by years end for 55,000 yen - about $450
>US? 1:1 range finder magnification, hinged back, TTL metering, 1/2000 top
>speed metal focal plane shutter, 125th sync speed...shown at its web site
>with a Canon 50 1.8 mounted...
>
>If this camera proves to be any good at all, it seem like an ideal entry
>point for the use of Leica optics, or, for that matter, to modernized,
>old-fashioned, rangefinder photography...And, once again, it raises the
>question of why Leica can't or won't do something similar...

I looked at that camera. It reminds me of a Petri that I bought at the PX
while in the service. Why would someone want this camera?

I suspect, that the LUG, on a whole, is a fairly dedicated Leica bunch. I
like my M6 and have absolutely no interest in a Japanese screw mount body.
Those are messages where I make good use of the delete key. As, I guess,
the majority of the other LUGgers do as well.

And after looking at it, I can certainly see why! I still think it's a
Petri rip-off.

Jim

Jim Brick
(650) 470-1132