Subject: Re: [Leica] M6TTL???
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 13:36:34 +0200

Bill Erfurth wrote:

> For now, we are just going to have to wait.  I think when Leica hires
> a new CEO (President) that there are going to be some drastic changes
> made.
>
> The introduction of the M6TTL appears to represent the indecision  and
> lack of clear direction that exists in Leica's top management.

Yes.
IMO, the M6TTL was a good idea in 1984 ! (4 years after the Minolta CLE)
But not in 1998: to late and to much or to few improvements, and poorly achieved.

The same for the M6 HM (0,85). I know that the 35mm is THE M lens,
but I'm still convinced that a M6 with a viewfinder a la M3
with 50/75/90/135 bright lines only and higher magnification
will be much more effective (and attractive).
A real M6T and not a half solution without even a real name.
How do they want that a new customer make a choice between a M6TTL 0,72 and a
M6TTL 0,85. (M6 on the front, TTL on the shoe and 0,85 on the window)
What a sweet name and what a big difference.
Great marketing !
The dealers that I know don't understand why there is a 0,85 because
the message is not clear and the difference not big enough.
As a result, they never try to sell it.
And why is the M6TTL 0,85 available in black only ? Is there a logic ?
I don't care after all, but maybe the new customer will.

Lucien