Subject: [Leica] M 35mm RF for Leica M3
From: "Roger L. Bunting" <rlbunting@my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 1998 10:58:44 -0700

What are the drawbacks (if any) of making a 35mm RF (bug-eye) M-series lens my second lens. I wear glasses and viewing the full 50mm frame on an M3 takes some extra effort.

Most of my photography is street, travel, museum, family. For many years I have used a M3 with 50mm Summilux along with several SLRs. I've love operational ease of the M3 (best) and it is the camera that I choose most readily, but must rely on my SLRs for lens versatility. However, I've always wanted a 35mm lens for my M3, especially when traveling or exploring large cities (densely inhabited regions).

In a few weeks I'll have a renewed need for the 35mm during some buisiness trips and travels. I have a quote I think I can live with for some 35mm RF options.

The quotes are...

35mm f2    RF Summicron, Mint  @  $750.
35mm f2.8  RF Summaron,  Mint- @  $450.
35mm f2.8  RF Summaron,  Exc+  @  $395.

The Summicron seems out of reach but I think I can stretch (on short notice) for the Summaron.

Experience, thoughts, opinions, options, ravings, concerns, encouragements are all welcome.

Regards,

Roger

- -----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/  Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums