Subject: Re: [Leica] 400 f/6.8
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 1998 11:28:08 -0500

> <The elgant way to to the adaptation is to use the Viso mount tube and
> modify a 14127 or 14167 viso-to-R adapter, but some people have just
> unscrewed the Leica-R mount ring of the R- mount tube and, after drilling
> screw holes in the right places, screw the bayonet ring for your camera of
> choice on the mount tube. >>>>>>>>
>
> I've seen it done for Nikon and Canon, and heard of people doing the same
> for Olympus and Contax bodies.

I have a canon 600 4.5 that a friend of Doanl's put a Leica mount onto.
It works perfectly well, but is now a 4.5 only.  This doesn't bother me
as I would probably never use a lens that long stopped down anyway.

- --
Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto
new book at: http://www.volmania.com