Subject: [Leica] 400 f/6.8
From: Doug Herr <71247.3542@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 20:50:29 -0400

On Sat, 3 Oct 1998, Joseph Codispoti wrote:

>Ed wrote:
>
><<<<<<<This permits me to use various tubes and adapters to mount the le=
ns
>on the SL, Contarex, Minolta XK, Rollei 3003, etc. >>>>>>>>>
>

>Does that mean that the Telyt lenses are adaptable to non Leica reflex
>cameras such as Contax?
>
>Joseph

Joseph,

Yes.  There are no mechanical or electronic couplings to disable or remov=
e,
no problems with back-focus clearance and since the lens doesn't have a
distance scale nobody will ever notice if the adapted lens isn't quite th=
right length for precise infinity focus (you'll get infinity focus 'cuz t=
he
Leica-R flange-to-film plane distance is longer than most, if not all,
other 35mm reflex cameras).

The elgant way to to the adaptation is to use the Viso mount tube and
modify a 14127 or 14167 viso-to-R adapter, but some people have just
unscrewed the Leica-R mount ring of the R- mount tube and, after drilling=

screw holes in the right places, screw the bayonet ring for your camera o=
choice on the mount tube.

I've seen it done for Nikon and Canon, and heard of people doing the same=

for Olympus and Contax bodies.

Doug Herr
Sacramento