Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M6-TTL desireable???
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.u-nancy.fr>
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 1998 17:47:57 +0200

At 14:11 02/10/98 +0000, John wrote :
>This discussion reminds me of how I felt about the "Panda" M6 back in the
early 1990's.  As many of you know, this chrome M6 had black dials and
other black features.  Personally, I thought this was the ugliest Leica I
had ever seen and many others agreed.  Of course, Pandas are now worth more
than black or chrome M6's .... so, given the response to this new ugly
duckling TTL M6 with the odd, backwards dial and the less then useful TTL,
the thing should be worth A MINT!  Buy em now!  The worse the better  ;-)

>John McLeod

###########
I have a Panda ; bought in june NIB with the 2-years international warranty
at a tax free discount price  of 7990 FRF (1330 USD)!The camera was on the
shelf since 8 years !!I was afraid of the accuracy of the shutter and of
the cell. After a check, no drift from the nominal values as for my brave
old black M6.
Why that discount ? The vendors were aware of the rumor  of a new M7. They
believed that their "ugly M6" (the poor guys did not know the Panda) would
become unsaleable.
Now I like PreKina rumors.
PS : A Panda has been recently sold 1675 USD on the Ebay. Great!).

Dominique Pellissier