Subject: Re: [Leica] leica R-5
From: "Raimo Korhonen" <raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 20:55:48 +0100

Leitz did actually produce two types of folding cameras in about 1905: =
the
Moment and the Klapp. Actually the bodies were made by outside supplier=
(eg. H=FCttig), the lenses by Leitz. Only one Moment is known to have
survived - if this is the one, grab it.=20
Raimo
photos at http://personal.inet.fi/private/raimo.korhonen
my=F6s suomeksi

- ----------
> From: Noel H. Charchuk <nhcharch@calcna.ab.ca>
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: Re: [Leica] leica R-5
> Date: 02. lokakuuta 1998 12:58
>=20
>=20
> This is the second time in a couple of months I have seen a reference=
> Leica camera with bellows, this one attached, and a guy I deal with
> through work in Pittsburgh, mentioned having one to me. I have never =
run
> across a bellows-type Leica, other than the bellows on a reflex housi=
ng.
> Is this what Roger is talking about, or did Leica make a folding came=
ra
at
> some time. I sure haven't seen any references in the Leica books I ha=
ve
> read. Could Roger or somebody fill in the gap in my knowledge.
> Noel Charchuk
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> On Fri, 2 Oct 1998, Roger J. Hart wrote:
>=20
> >=20
> > >Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 10:45:12 -0700
> > >To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> > >From: jimbrick@photoaccess.com (Jim Brick)
> > >Subject: Re: [Leica] leica R-5
> > >Sender: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> > >
> > >It's a fine camera, simply an evolutionary step between the R4sP a=
nd
the
> > >R7. Nothing special, nothing wacky, a very good R camera.
> > >
> > >Jim
> > >

> >=20
> > Thank-you Jim for your input : )
> >=20
> > Hey....you guys make me want to get another rangefinder........leic=
a,
of
> > course! :)...my first *real* camera when I was younger was a
> > rangefinder....a Konica auto S2, which I took everywhere.....
> >=20
> > My mom, however, had and still has an old bellows leica.....hasn't =
used
it
> > in years, but we have some old photos she took with it....she's pro=
ud
of